Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 6 - same old stuff

Slept a ton today....didnt get out of bed until 3:00. Just woke up a little every few hours to take my antibiotics and pain killers.... I might have eaten some peaches around noon and then went back to sleep.  With all this vicoden and sleeping i can barely remember anything!  Thank goodness my mom is keeping track of my drugs and food for me and changing my ice pack regularly. I would be totally lost on my own.    Anyways.....i DID get out of bed eventually and take a shower....brushed my teeth as best as i could (which wasnt very well i'm afraid..)...went downstairs and watched tv a while...had an orange creme freeze from beaners...fell asleep...went back up to my bed....facebook...talked to my best friend a bit on msn...  had some more drugs...a little cream of chicken soup.... a little apple sauce....and thats my day.  The point of all of this is to say, you can't really do much when you have jaw surgery. You just sit there and stare...or sit there and sleep. Its pretty boring and ridiculously exhausting.  Swelling hasn't really gone down much in the last 2 days, but i do have slightly increased feeling in my lips. Starting to get tingles in my cheeks as well as my chin (lots more chin tingles) and the roof of my mouth kind of hurts.  And thats the update.  Most exciting blog ever.

Edit:
I made a really bad mistake on this day.  I went 12 hours without vicoden, only motrin. I thought i was doing okay till i woke up in the middle of the night with agonizing pain, probably the worst its been.  The issue now is that with increased feeling comes increased pain because there are, in fact, 7 broken bones in my face.  Note to self: stay drugged up as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of when I had my tonsils out and got sick and walked home in the cold all in the same few weeks. The pain was so terrible, so terrible. Then I took medicine that intensified my pain. fail. But Girl, keep the drugs going! :)

    ReplyDelete