Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 19 - bored

I'm running out of things to say.  Nothing new has really happened in the last few days. The old things, however, are getting really old.  I'm getting really impatient with the recovery process.  I feel like I've wasted the entire last month of summer.  I haven't been able to do ANYTHING.  I've had to cancel events and just stay home cause I just don't have the energy.  Its sad.  I should have done this in the middle of February so I wouldn't miss summer, but then i would have missed school so that wouldn't really work either.  Sometimes in life, you just can't win.  I definitely feel like there's no way to win with jaw surgery.  The end result is supposed to be worth it, though.  I'm crossing my fingers on that one.  I was pretty happy with the way I looked before, so now looking different is just weird and I'm not sure I like it.  Its just not normal to wake up one day with a different face.  The surgical wires on my braces right now aren't helping either cause they're more...well, there's just more metal in my mouth than usual. The difference between surgical wires and regular wires is.... a regular wire is just a wire...and surgical wires have a million little hooks attached to them so that rubberbands can be hooked on to them.  So now its like I don't have teeth, just gobs of metal pretending to be teeth.  I'm not going for it.  Anyway... so thats about it.  There are no new developments in my recovery.  I'm just getting reaaaaaaally bored and kind of frustrated.  I really just want to be better and function normally again.  That's not too much to ask, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment