I do look a little different....but there is still some swelling to account for, even though it has gone down drastically. I think also part of the looking different is that because of the numbness I cant make the expressions that i normally make. I've been told not to make any judgements on my appearance until the 5 week mark at least.
no changes to my
weird fun personality of course. :)
Over the last 2 weeks I've covered a lot of ground. I've gone from looking like an orangutan (really, thats not a joke...) to a pretty normal looking person again. I've gone from only being capable of consuming liquid meds to taking pills. (score!) I've gone from needing vicodin every 6 hours, to barely once a day. I've gone from being too weak to stand up myself and only being able to stand for 5-10 minutes at a time and needing to sleep every 2 hours, to now finally being able to get through a whole day and walk around as much as i need to. I've gone from waking up every few hours during the night, to now being able to sleep a whole night normally. I can also now talk pretty well, drink out of a cup and kind of use a tiny spoon. Also, just today i decided that some scrambled eggs would be okay...so i broke them into extremely TINY pieces so i could #1, get them into my mouth which still can't open very wide and #2 swallow without chewing. It felt SO good to eat something other than soup or a smoothie, even if i couldn't chew it. We're making progress!
- no feeling in my lower lip, chin, the roof of my mouth and parts of my nose
- annoying tingly feelings in my chin...they're definitely worse at night when i'm trying to sleep
- headaches almost all the time
- i said i could talk pretty well....but its really not 100% there
- Just like the talking, my energy is almost all back, but still not 100%
- i can't make a smile that shows my teeth
- jaws still rubberbanded shut -see last post....
- And the worst....I still can't chew
I've come a long way... But I still have a long way to go... Thank you so much to everyone who's sent gifts and cards by the way! Nothin' like love to make you feel better. :)