Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 151 - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!  I can't believe its 2011!  Time sure goes by fast.  Anyway.... I don't have to say at this point about my mouth since there haven't been any changes in chin numbness since last time i updated.... However,  I haven't posted any pictures in a while so I figured now was as good a time as any to upload some.  It really took a long time for the swelling to go down 100% and for my face and expressions to feel comfortable and natural.  But at this point I can say that i really love my new smile!  I don't want to say that i was self-conscious or unhappy with how I looked before because I really have always been pretty confident about myself.. But pre-jaw surgery I definitely was kind of careful of what angle my face was at in pictures to minimize my underbite showing. However, now I'm totally free of that and am free to smile as big as i want whenever i want and at whatever angle to the camera i want.  Smiling is pretty fun. :)






happy happy happy!


And to all my readers from around the world - thanks so much for your emails and comments! I really appreciate hearing from people who've gone through the same thing as me - jaw surgery really is a very unique experience that's hard for other people to understand so its good to connect with you guys.  So feel free to keep emailing with comments and questions!  Happy New Year!

-Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment